Waiting for a Fish, or Just a Timer

Timers on games are annoying. I can wait an hour, or forget about playing at all. I don't want to sit here twiddling my thumbs so I can start the daily quests as per the game timer.

Why does the game need to stick with restrictive 24 hour times on activities, like class training. Why not make it reset at midnight, even if I just finished the class training (etc.) shortly before midnight. Then I wouldn't be stuck having to choose between counting down the minutes or forgetting about it and doing something else I should be doing anyway.

In the end, I took a screenshot, closed the computer and went grocery shopping early. It's a rainy day here, which I like, so no great loss to get outside and be rained on awhile instead of questing/ grinding here. Reality... what can you do, it follows you around.